A customer wants to change the tasks in the project plan and place some tasks as sub tasks to others. If you would also like to know how to do it, please read the below description.
Main tasks must be empty before adding sub tasks, i.e. contain no allocations or registrations.
In other words, a main task is just an empty box for storing sub tasks, which is why employees can not track their time on it.
If you have time registrations on a task that you want as sub task you can:
- Create a new task and and make sure that the WBS number is a main task e.g. 1
- Edit the task that you want as sub task. Make sure that the WBS number is as a sub task e.g. 1.1
You can also create a new sub task by clicking the burger menu to the right and then New sub task.
You can also make drag and drop via the arrows to the left.
Use of the drag and drop function:
- Place the cursor next to the task, where you see an arrow cross. The task is highlighted and the cursor changes to the icon
- Click and hold the left mouse button
- Drag the task to the desired location. If the cursor is moved to a space between two tasks, it is highlighted so you know where the task will be placed between the two.
- If you drag the task to another task, it is highlighted. If you drop the task here, it is inserted as a subtask.
In either case, the project WBS number is automatically updated to reflect the new location.