Here we describe how you can quickly learn how OCI works and benefit from using it. Contact our Support team via email@example.com, if you would like to test it out. You need to be on an Invoicing Advanced version of TimeLog to make use of the feature.
Please note: You will create invoice drafts during the steps in the guide. As OCI only generates invoice drafts, you can easily delete any invoice drafts and roll back to the starting point.
Learn how each pre-installed OCI grouping rule works
- Go to the Debtor list and select a project with a lot of registrations
- In the menu above the table, select a grouping rule
- Click OK
- This will generate a new invoice draft for the project
- Open the invoice draft from the invoice draft page and see the structure and texting of the used grouping rule
- Delete the draft and repeat this step for each invoice grouping rule to understand the structure of each rule and find the ones that are relevant to your organisation
Configure customers with the appropriate invoice grouping rule
- Navigate to each customer you want to invoice with OCI
- In the Finance section under Auto invoice settings chose the invoice grouping rule that is suitable for the customer
- When saving the setting, you will be prompted if you want to apply the setting to all active projects.
Clicking yes will push the setting to all active project for the customer, so you do not need to set this on each project manually.
IMPORTANT: If you answer Yes, all invoice settings are pushed to the projects. Only do this if you know the projects have the same invoice settings
If you click No, you only update the customer card and you need to update your projects manually.
Configure those projects that deviate from the customer settings
- Go through each project you want to invoice via OCI that was not updated via the customer finance settings
- In the project, open the Invoice settings under the Finances tab
- Click the edit pencil and set the Invoice template setup to the invoice grouping rule, you want to use for the project
Invoice with OCI
- Go to the Debtor list and select the period you want to invoice
- Select all the customers by clicking the checkbox in the top
- In the action dropdown above the table select Project and click OK
- TimeLog will now process all the data and generate invoice drafts based on the OCI setup of the projects
- Projects not set to be invoiced with OCI will be ignored, and no invoice drafts are generated for them