Yes, you can use our salary rules to control it. If your employees have a different number of working hours per day during the week, e.g. Monday-Thursday 8 hours and Friday 5 hours, we recommend that the vacation account runs in hours. This is to ensure that your employees do not accumulate or use too much vacation, depending on which days you are off or accumulate on.
Setup in TimeLog
- Go to the system administration -> Employees -> Salary accounts
- Create a salary account per setup. The account name is only visible for you as administrator and the salary bookkeeper
- Create a salary rule for your salary account with automatic accumulation based on working time with accumulation e.g. 2.08 days per month for vacation days
- Create an absence code for vacation and add it to your new accounts. The code name is visible to your employees in the timesheet
- Go to the system administration -> Employees -> Salary groups
- Create a salary group for your employee group. Name it, so you can differentiate between the different groups. It can e.g. be 30 hours normal working hours/2.08 days accumulation based on work time
- Add your new salary account to the salary group
- You should also add the other salary accounts valid for the employee group, e.g. flex and illness
- Leave the system administration and search for your employee
- Click to edit the employee
- Select the salary group at the employee card under Work time and salary information
- Click Save
You repeat the process for all the employee groups you like to set up in TimeLog.
If you do not have access to all pages, you need to take a look at your role setup and add the pages to one of your roles. It is a good idea to create a role for the salary bookkeeper.
Find inspiration in our Help Center
You can read more about the setup options here:
- Set up salary accounts and absence codes in the system administration
- Set up salary groups in the system administration
- Best practice for automatic accumulation of vacation – especially read the sections about differentiated normal working hours and a work weeks different from 5 days.
- User roles and rights in TimeLog
Do you use a salary integration with TimeLog?
Then you have no reasons to worry. Several absence codes in TimeLog can send data to the same code in your salary system, so you have all the data ready for your salary management.