You do it in the system administration, where the setup is different depending on your TimeLog version.
Setup in TimeLog
If you don’t use advanced salary time registration, you cannot create more salary codes than the two default codes Project work and Agreed working time.
If you use advanced salary time registration:
- Go to the system administration -> Employees -> Salary accounts
- Create a salary account for your salary code by clicking New salary account
- Enter Code, Name, Description and Balance format
- Click Save
- Click New salary code
- Enter Sorting, Name and Description that are shown to your employees in the timesheet
- Enter Salary account, Salary specification type, Format and Calculation method. These fields are only visible to you as system administrator
- Enter Factor, salary account that determines how much time is added to or subtracted from the account for each registered hour
- Enter Factor, flex account that determines how time tracked on the salary code affects the employee's flex account.
- At the bottom, you can mark the code to be activated once you save the code
- Click Save
If you do not have access to all pages, you need to take a look at your role setup and add the pages to one of your roles. It is a good idea to create a role for the salary bookkeeper.
Find inspiration in our Help Center
You can read more about the setup options here:
- Simple setup of salary codes
- Set up salary accounts and salary codes in the system administration
- User roles and rights in TimeLog
Do you use a salary integration with TimeLog?
Then you have no reasons to worry. Several salary codes in TimeLog can send data to the same code in your salary system, so you have all the data ready for your salary management.