You do so by opening the app, pressing the menu and Mileage.
Setup in TimeLog
To register mileage in the app, you need to activate a number of settings in TimeLog on web:
- Enable Expense and travel registration on the front page of the system administration
- Set up mileage rates under Time and expense registrations -> Mileage rates
- Set up cars under Time and expense registrations -> Cars. The employees can create their private cars via the app, if they don’t make use of company cars
- Check if the employees’ roles have access to mileage registrations in the System administration -> Employees -> User roles and rights management
How to use the app for mileage registration
- Open the app
- Tap the menu
- Tap Mileage
- Tap the plus to start a new registration
- Enter the addresses in the top filter
- Tap Save
- Tap Start trip, which at the same time starts a travel time registration and provide you with the option to open route guidance in your preferred navigation app
Tap I already finished my trip to create a mileage registration manually
- If you started your trip before, you need to stop it again, when you enter the app
- Enter if it was a single or round trip. In the top of the screen, you can see how far you are with your registration
- Tap Next
- Enter the purpose of the trip
- Select your car
- Select mileage rate, if you have the option to change it (is determined in the system administration)
- Tap Next
- Select your project
- Select if the trip is billable
- Select if you want to add travel time to your registration
- If yes, you can at the same time add your time registration to a specific task
- Tap Save
Please note: If you delete a mileage registration with a linked travel time registration, you delete both registrations.
Find inspiration in our Help Center
You can read more about the setup options here:
Do you use a salary integration with TimeLog?
Then you have no reasons to worry. You can easily transfer your employees’ mileage registrations to your salary system, so you have all the data ready for your salary management.